"There's no excuse - just make it happen."
So, you've had this great idea for a startup for some time now but you've just been sitting on it. Then all of a sudden, you check your newsfeed and there it is, someone else also had YOUR idea - only difference is, they executed it - you didn't - and you only have yourself to blame.
It's a story we hear all too often and the excuses are many, here's some:
- "I didn't have the money to make it happen."
- "I was too busy at work to invest time into the idea."
- "My friends told me it would never work."
My response to the above:
- Find the money. Get investors. Crowdfund it. There are options.
- Too busy working for $20 per hour to explore the possibility of financial freedom?
- So, if your friends told you to jump off a cliff you would?
There's no place for complacency, indifference, laziness or 'follower' behaviour in entrepreneurship. If you've stumbled on a market gap and that's prompted you to come up with a solution - then you've been given an opportunity. Seize it or share it.
If you decide to seize it, throw yourself into making it happen. Don't know what it takes? Seek people out who can help you. Go to meetups. Ask questions. Use the internet. Ask Google.
If you choose to share your great idea, go and form a partnership. Connect with individuals who can become your co-founders. Share the workload. Keep each other on track and focused.
Just don't let your idea go. Chase it. Make it your side hustle.
Start your startup now with these 5 tools: